Windmill is currently seeking a Chief Technology Officer to lead the company’s product development strategy, vision, and execution. The Chief Technology Officer will bring broad technical and operational expertise to play a transformative role leading the full range of technology and product development initiatives at the company.
The CTO will be at the forefront of creating Windmill’s technology vision and product roadmap. Additionally, the CTO will ensure the appropriate technological governance and skills are in place to lead the transformation of product ideas from ideation into actionable concepts, time lines, and projects while maintaining a serious consideration of the financial implications, marketing needs, and the overall objectives of the business. The CTO will be part of Windmill’s Executive Team, and lead the company s Product Delivery Group (PDG) overseeing all product development related activities. The CTO will report directly to the President & CEO of the company.
For more information, please check the company website at https://www.windmillsmartsolutions.com/
Key job responsibilities:
Product Development Vision and Strategy
- Lead the formulation of the company’s technology vision and product roadmap, and communicate the vision and priorities across the company to all relevant stakeholders.
- Play a leading role in evaluating market and technology trends and their implications for Windmill’s technology vision and roadmap.
- Determine strategic priorities for the product development organization that are consistent with and support Business Unit strategies and goals.
- Ensure that every function in the product development organization is led by a unified and cohesive vision and shared priorities.
Product Development Execution
- Ensure that product development resources are allocated in line with overall business strategy to products/technologies and Business Units
- Oversee product pipelines and development efforts for all Core Teams of the company, and determine priorities in case of conflicts.
- Establish governance, policies, processes, and communication to deliver reliable products within cost targets and with schedule predictability.
- Establish sound product development methodologies and procedures for conducting research, conceptualization, design, prototyping, etc. across the entire product development department.
- Build technical and process excellence in each key area of product development.
- Effectively deploy a mix of internal and external product development models that fit the need of the different products and technologies Windmill offers.
- Ensure continuous improvement in the product development department as well as in our abilities to deliver products and solutions that create exceptional customer experiences.
People leadership and cross-functional communication
- Consistently raise the bar and cultivate a team of A-players in the organization.
- Identify talent gaps and engage in the interviewing, recruitment, hiring, and mentoring of key product development personnel.
- Work collaboratively with other business leaders in the organization to ensure alignment on strategic goals and priorities.
- Build trusting relationships and inspire others through exemplary leadership behavior
- Reviewing timeframes and budgets.
- Developing and implementing disaster and emergency recovery plans.
The successful candidate will typically have:
- 10-20 years of experience in product development, with 5+ years in leadership roles in product development.
- Experience with technology relative to industry; Java, and J2EE, Java technology frameworks including: Spring Boot, JUnit, JDBC, JPA and Hibernate, jQuery, Angular, AWS, IIS, GitHub, Grunt/Gulp, Node.JS, Experience with designing and developing microservices-based, linearly scalable applications.
- Proven track record of leading growth efforts and managing onshore, and offshore teams in specific technical disciplines in the IT industry.
- Master’s Degree or PhD in engineering, computer science, or similar discipline from a top-tier school.
- Ability to comprehend technical concepts as well as business needs.
- Bonus: Knowledge of intellectual property rights and protection.
- Expert communication, change management, and listening skills.
- Excellent problem solving, negotiating skills, and analytical thinking.
- Team player, personable, empathetic, and diplomatic.
- Energetic and enthusiastic personality.
- Competitive compensation
- Interesting tasks and challenges
- Opportunities for enhancement
- Friendly Environment
- Opportunity to make a positive impact on the team
If you’ve got the skills and experience and want to cooperate with our international team, please send your CV immediately!